Hoylake Village Life was formed as a residents’ voluntary group in October 2009 in response to concern about the number of empty shops in Hoylake. In May 2010 the group incorporated as a Community Interest Company (Company No. 07246081), whose primary aim was the regeneration of Hoylake. Directors and volunteers currently receive no fees for any of work or services provided to Hoylake Village Life CIC.
- Our 2011 Annual Report can be downloaded here
- Our 2012 Annual Report can be downloaded here
- Our 2013 Annual Report can be downloaded here
- Our 2014 Annual Report can be downloaded here
- Our 2014 Financial Report can be downloaded here
- Articles of Association can be downloaded here
We come from a variety of backgrounds: urban regeneration; grants funding; website and graphic design; community arts initiatives; publishing; educatiion and administration. So far we have
- Built and maintained a promotional Hoylake Village website www.hoylakevillage.org.uk now enjoying 50,000+ hits a month, with a directory that lists the vast majority of local businesses.
- Introduced and maintained a Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/hoylakevillagelife with an ever-increasing number of ‘Likes’ and visits per month and a strong Twitter following https://twitter.com/HoylakeVillage. Also a regular e-newsletter that goes out to a large number of business, public and professional contacts each month.
- Directly assisted new businesses with advice, support and publicity.
- Run a campaign to attract new businesses via a direct contact investment pack.
- Encouraged Hoylake residents to shop local with a ‘use ’em or lose ’em’ campaign.
- Designed and installed sponsored banners in Market Street.
- Managed the public Christmas Lights installation, together with twinkling window lights and other decorations issued free to Hoylake businesses.
- Managed, and achieved national publicity for, a Christmas ‘Projection’ in 2010, which was repeated in 2011 by projecting The Nativity on to St Luke’s Church in Market Street. We plan to extend projections to other venues in the future.
- Run events such as our yearly Halloween Childrens’ Party.
- Supported other events and local organisations, such as The Festival of Firsts, Hoylake Lifeboat Museum, ‘Big Lunch’ street parties, and Hoylake Food Fairs, with administration, publicity, PR and marketing.
- Responded formally to the Council’s proposals to downgrade Hoylake from a town to a district centre.
- Established a Town Team, winning a £10,000 grant for the purposes of improving footfall in the town centre.
- Established a Business Network, regularly attended by many local businesses.
- Established a neighbourhood forum “Hoylake Vision” to take over responsibility for further development of the Neighbourhood Plan, for which HVL were selected in 2011 by the Government as a “vanguard” to prepare one of the country’s first Neighbourhood Plans, which began with a series of billboard posters on Jade Garden restaurant and a widely distributed survey “What’s Your Vision?”, completed by over ten per cent of residents and over 5,000 comments received and collated (www.hoylakevision.org.uk)
- Established Hoylake Community Cinema (www.hoylakecommunitycinema.co.uk) with monthly Film Nights at The Parade, Hoylake Community Centre, plus occasional Saturday Children’s Film Matinees to include registered childcare for parents wishing to shop in Hoylake during performances. The cinema enjoys the patronage of Film director Alex Cox and actor Daniel Craig.
- Established a small grant fund supported by income from website advertising, banner sponsorship and cinema profits, to support other local organisations.
In addition we are:
- Creating ambitious plans to improve accessibility across the railway line, and enhanced plans for the proposed Golf Resort.
- Developing a Shopfront Design Guide to provide advice for businesses wishing to enhance the appearance of their premises.
- Developing many other ideas and inviting ideas from the community that we could support with advice and development.
And we’d like to hear from you…
Would you like to
- Know more about what we’re doing?
- Help with any of our projects?
- Receive our regular e-newsletter?
If so, contact us by email at email@example.com
Or write to us at The Parade, Hoylake Community Centre, Hoyle Road, Hoylake CH47 3AG
Or have a chat with us at one of our events.
Hoylake Village Life CIC
Hoylake Community Centre
Hoylake CH47 3AG
Company No. 07246081
Date of incorporation 06/05/201